Spaghetti is one of my all time favorite meals and is an easy recipe if you are good at dumping ingredients , below is a collage of what you will need minus spices. This will make enough to feed 8 people. I cook for large groups. LOL
- Cook noodles 30 minutes before serve time . Usually 15 minutes to boil water and 15 minutes to cook. Fill the pot with cold water, for the noodles, you can use whatever noodles you like , doesn’t matter, spaghetti, fettuccine or angel hair. Your choice. The average pasta pot size is between 6 and 8 quarts, and it should be filled about 3/4 of the way or about 4-5 quarts with water for 1 pound of pasta. When water comes to a boil add noodles cook according to directions on box. When cooked dump noodles into strainer and set aside. (Sauce is usually done within an hour to two hours.
- Take cast iron pot and add half stick butter. Turn to 6 on your stove. Throw all frozen veggies into a strainer and rinse off , shake off water good. Add veggies into pot , cook until tender/soft.
- Add in Sweet Italian Basil sausage along with ground beef. Cook until brown. Drain grease.
- Dump all the cans above, into the pot with the veggies and meat.
- Add spices – I like to use (1) teaspoon of salt, pepper, oregano, Italian, basil, garlic, parsley.
- Stir everything together well. Bring to a boil, turn down to simmer, and cook 1 to 2 hours allowing everything to blend and flavor the sauce.
- Serve over cooked noodles, with Parmesan cheese and parsley.